Monika Samaan has been awarded $8 million in a verdict against KFC that has drawn international news coverage, not just for the case, but also for the injuries she revealed in her suit. A
A jury found that Monika became brain-damaged after eating a chicken wrap made by the fast-food restaurant chain.
The case originated in Sydney, Australian. In 2005, Samaan and her family visited a local KFC and ordered a chicken wrap. They shared it.
But unbeknownst to the family, the wrap was filled with salmonella.
Samaan quickly suffered salmonella poisoning and went into a coma. She never recorded full use of her brain and will never speak again.
When she suffered the injuries, Monika was just seven years old.
The court awarded the family $8 million.
KFC plans to appeal that ruling.