Longest Celebrity Marriages? Most marriages in Hollywood don’t even last a year, but some celebrity couples have been the longest. In fact, some of them have been together for almost 70 years, and that’s unusual in a city where the divorce rate is higher than 50%. It’s nice to know that there are people that remain together during the good and bad.
One of the reasons for the divorce is pressure. Everyone is focused on every little thing these famous people do, and I am sure things get misconstrued, leading to more problems. But every there are those with weaknesses and its strengths.
The most common issues that break up a couple are money, illness or a death of a child. These are the things that can create a stronger bond between two people if they pull together through the good and the bad. It seems that Hollywood feeds on gossip and the that’s where most divorces occur.
There is also the reality that men do cheat on their wives, and vice versa. If someone has a problem, or an addiction, they should get that problem resolved before ever thinking about a wedding. We have a list of people who have stuck by each other for several decades.
Here’s the list:
1. Bob Hope and Dolores Reade: 71 years
2. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward: 50 years
3. Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft: 40 years
4. Bill Cosby and Camille: 46 years
5. Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon: 27 years
6. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: 22 years
7. Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates: 21 years
8. Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw: 19 years
9. John Travolta & Kelly Preston: 19 years
10. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill: 14 years
11. David Duchovny and Taca Leoni: 13 years
12. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick: 13 years
13. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett: 13 years