Robin Gibb Cancels Summer Tour After Emergency Surgery

Robin Gibb is still dealing with an intestinal illness and had to be hospitalized again to have further surgery, his publicist said on Wednesday. Publicist Doug Wright said, that the Bee Gees member had the surgery over the weekend and is recovering.

The statement read; “On Sunday 25 March, Robin Gibb underwent further intestinal surgery. Robin underwent the operation successfully, he is awake and has been talking to his doctors.”

He also went on to explain because of the unexpected surgery, for what is being reported to remove a “dangerous blood clot,” a number of the singer’s upcoming obligations to promote his April release of his new album ‘The Titanic Requiem,’ would have to be cancelled.

The 62-year-old had to be hospitalized last year for a stomach and colon issue in which he had a growth removed. Just last month a noticeably skinnier Gibb had reported that he had been doing well since the last hospital stay.

Robin’s brother Maurice Gibb also suffered from an intestinal illness that ended up costing him his life after complications arose when hospitalized in 2003 to deal with it.

The Titanic Requiem is a classical composition album that Gibb had collaborated on with his son Robin-John, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *