​Shakira Ex-Boyfriend Files $100M Lawsuit, Singer Outraged

By: | Follow Twitter:
April 7, 2013
Also: Antonio del la Rua, Ex-Boyfriend, Lawsuit, Shakira, Shakira Ex-Boyfriend

Shakira is outraged after her ex-boyfriend, Antonio del la Rua, filed a $100 million lawsuit claiming he served as the singer’s manager during their lengthy relationship from 2000 to 2010.

However, Shakira says De la Rua has no claim to her fortune since she was already a star before they met.

De la Rua originally filed the $100 million lawsuit last November and also said he helped the Latin superstar arrange lucrative business deals.

According to Shakira, now a 36-year-old mother, de la Rua advised her occasionally but was never her formal manager.

The new mom, who just welcomed her son Milan with her soccer player beau Gerard Pique, claims that the only thing she and de la Rua ever signed was a 2006 agreement in her native Colombia, in which they decided to keep their own assets separate if they split.

De la Rua is the son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua. He dated Shakira for more than a decade before ending their relationship in Jan. 2011.

Shakira is currently working on her eighth studio album. She also collaborated with rapper Pitbull for the song “Get It Started” which is the lead single from Pitbull’s upcoming album Global Warming. The single was released last year.

She was also signed to Roc Nation under management purposes for her upcoming studio album.

Shakira is substituting for Christina Aguilera as one of the regular coaches for this season of the American reality talent-show The Voice, along with American recording artist Usher, who is substituting for Cee Lo Green.