​Victoria Secret Model Lawsuit: Constance Jablonski Sued Over Contract

By: | Follow Twitter:
January 19, 2013
Also: Constance Jablonski, Lawsuit, Model, Victoria Secret Model Lawsuit, Victoria's Secret

Victoria Secret model Constance Jablonski is facing a lawsuit totaling $3.3 million after leaving for a competing company last month, which violates her contract with Marilyn Model Management and the reason she’s being sued.

The French native began her modeling career with Marilyn in 2008, and a few months after making her first appearance in the Victoria’s Secret runway show in 2011, signed an exclusive contract with the agency through September 2014.

Marilyn is taking credit for turning Jablonski from “a virtually unknown model,” into an international star who sits at the front of a Top 50 Models list, tripling her earnings from 2009 to 2012.

As well as booking campaigns with Givenchy, Burberry, Dior and Calvin Klein, she was also one of the youngest models to ever sign a multi-million-dollar cosmetics contract.

Jablonski earned approximately $1.8 million a year with Marilyn with the agency taking 10 to 20% commission.

Marilyn hopes to prevent Jablonski from working with DNA, the competing company, which has accused the rival agency of “unlawfully attempting to seize the coveted relationships that Marilyn has created and fostered for Jablonski.”

“DNA’s wrongful conduct is for the purpose of destablizing Marilyn’s business, and causing irreparable damage to its image (and) reputation,” the lawsuit, filed in Manhattan Court, said.

Jablonski’s attorney, Bennett Krasner, has publicly accused her former agency of erroneous advice and counsel, including failure on several occasions to collect payment on jobs the model completed, while neglecting its best efforts to book jobs for the model.

“At the beginning of her career, she loved working with Marilyn. Unfortunately, all of the people she worked with closely have left. She loves her new agency. It’s very supportive,” Krasner told the New York Post.