We’re not at the second half of 2012 and we have a list of the May products that were part of several recalls during the month, including a multi-brand dog food and a dangerous common item that’s lurking in children’s clothing.
Let’s begin with food recalls:
- Jonlly Fruits, Inc. recalled several flavors of its fruit beverages due to a possible undeclared allergen
- Variety packs of Whole Foods cupcakes due to an undeclared ingredient
- Six-ounce packages of FunFresh Foods’ World Berries Organic Cacao Nibs
- All Cleveland Beansprouts alfalfa sprouts due to possible contamination
- Several flavors of Asian ready-to-eat meals. Figi’s Inc. recalled 51 units of its Lemon Bar Bliss gift boxes due to an undeclared ingredient
- Kolcraft recalled 46,000 of its Kolcraft Tender Vibes and Light Vibes bassinets after reports of faulty latches.
- Nearly 2,000 DJG Comfy Carry and Onboard 35 infant car seats.
- About 21,000 inflatable Banzai in-ground pool water slides were recalled after one death and two severe injuries were reported.
- About 320 children’s letterman jackets due to a possible choking hazard
- Nearly 100,000 Sportspower BouncePro 14-foot trampolines sold at Wal-Mart
- Several brands of boys’ and girls’ clothing due to an item deemed hazardous by the CPSC
For the most part, the month of May was moderate in recalls in comparison to other times of the year.