Most Common Skin-Care Mistakes. Tips for the most common skin-care products and mistakes to avoid. Some of these facts might even surprise you and can help you every year.
First, understand that your skin does some pretty amazing things. On a hot summer day, for instance, it can produce as much as three gallons of sweat to help regulate your body temperature. To keep itself healthy, your body is constantly producing new cells and discarding old ones at a rate of 50,000 cells a minute.
Additionally, skin protects your organs, acts as a defense against germs and is the conduit for your sense of touch. Yet despite its importance, many people don’t spend much time taking care of it. Perhaps that explains why tens of millions of Americans experience dry skin every year.
Your skin will not only look better for the effort, it will feel better as well. Of course, sometimes knowing what not to do is as important as taking the right course of action, and this is certainly true of skin care.
Here are the facts:
1. Super-tight, dry skin isn’t a sign your skin is clean; rather, that feeling usually means that you’ve stripped your skin of important oils or haven’t rinsed properly.
2. Regular exercise can increase toxin removal in your skin and help you look younger by boosting collagen production while diminishing wrinkles.
3. Sleep doesn’t just refresh your body and mind — it also helps to replenish your skin.
4. Drinking enough water is key to keeping your skin healthy. Not only can water make wrinkles less noticeable, but it also increases blood flow and reduces toxins.
5. Sunscreen is so important to saving skin that experts recommend you slather it on for any outdoor time, from driving to work to running to the grocery store.