Woman In Coma From Hair Dye Containing Paraphenylenediamine

Woman Hair Dye Coma – A woman fell into a coma after using a hair dye kit made by L’Oreal Preferences. Doctors believe that she had an allergic reaction to the chemical paraphenylenediamine. Due to the incident, there is now a new set of warnings on the product.

The brand Julie McCabe was using is for sale in New Zealand and the ingredient suspected of causing her collapse is common in many dye products.

The 38-year-old woman has been left brain-damaged after apparently suffering a severe reaction while using the product, the BBC reported.

She has been on life support since the October 30 incident. McCabe was allegedly using a L’Oreal Preferences product.

Keith Miller, the woman’s father, told the BBC his daughter had dyed her hair regularly for several years and had used the L’Oreal product in the past.

He believes the chemical para-phenylenediamine (PPD) in the product caused the coma.

In a statement, the cosmetics company said: “L’Oreal was extremely concerned to hear about this serious situation.

“We do not know the details of the case so it would be inappropriate for us to comment further, however we will do everything we can to assist this lady’s family and medical team with information they might need to establish what happened.”