A spider found under a tourist’s skin after a trip to Bali sounds like a creepy horror movie to boot, but it happened to Dylan Thomas.
The poisonous critter caused Dylan pain in his stomach as it had made its way into his abdomen from an appendix scar. The 21-year-old, who lives in Bunbury, West Australia, said there were times it felt like a tickling sensation. Then he noticed a mark on his stomach, which gradually worsened by the itsy-bitsy spider.
Dylan awoke to find a bizarre red trail two inches from his naval, according to NT News. He said it was as if someone had scratched him with the tip of a knife. The spider moved two inches under the tourist’s skin later that evening.
“It wasn’t really a tickling sensation, obviously once the venom started to affect my skin it was a really burning sensation like a searing feeling … I knew for a fact I hadn’t done anything or come into contact with anything to make it worse.”
The spider managed to move under the tourist’s skin to Dylan’s chest cavity. He found what appeared to be an outline of a critter, but then it later changed. What he was enduring was shocking, perhaps fearful, as he rushed to the hospital.
The poisonous spider had died when the doctor removed it with tweezers, according to the United Press International. The hospital staff told the news agency that the spider had crawled under the skin to the man’s sternum. Thomas said he is hoping to be Spiderman for Halloween.
The amazing thing is that a doctor first dismissed the scar as a minor insect bite and gave Dylan antihistamines. But the mark near his naval has moved to the middle of his chest. It was the venom from the spider which had created a series of blisters on his skin.
The spider that lived under the tourist’s skin may be the inspiration for a new tattoo. Dylan wants to save enough money to have it done. The spider has not been identified, but was sent to a laboratory, News Max reports.