Woman ‘Collapses’ After Eating Heart Attack Grill

Another incident for The Heart Attack Grill, similar to the last one a couple of months ago, after a woman collapses into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a “double bypass burger,” drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette. NPR reported that the unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest.

Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a “quadruple bypass” burger.

The Heart Attack Grill’s owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he’s eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.

“It’s a lifestyle issue,” Basso said. “We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers.”

The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, non-filtered cigarettes, “flat liner” fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of “a single bypass” to the “quadruple bypass.”

There’s a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant’s door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses’ uniforms.

Last year, the company’s 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *