Herman Cain Accuser Disputes ‘Nothing Wrong’ Claim

Herman Cain Accuser – The lawyer for one of the Herman Cain’s accusers of sexual harassment on Friday disputed his insistence that he has done nothing wrong.

In a late-afternoon statement, Joel P. Bennett said that his client left the employment of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990s after an incident involving harassment by Cain, who was thepresident of the group at the time.

“She made a complaint in good faith about a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances from the CEO,” Bennett said. “My client stands by the complaint she made.”

Bennett did not disclose the identity of his client, saying she wished to maintain her privacy amid the media frenzy surrounding Cain’s campaign.

The statement released by Bennett to the media on Friday did not provide details about the incident. Bennett said that a confidentiality agreement his client signed at the time of her departure barred her from providing such information.

But Bennett said that the organization had agreed to allow his client to provide some information publicly about the incident because of Cain’s public discussion of it during the past week.

“She and her husband see no value in revisiting this matter now, nor in discussing the matter any further, publicly or privately,” Bennett said. “In fact, it would be extremely painful to do so.”

In a statement released moments after Bennett spoke, the National Restaurant Association officially confirmed that the complaint had been filed, but said that Cain had denied it.

Related Tweets On Twitter