Most Expensive Homes. Some of these homes include Bill Gates and Draculas’s expensive castle with the most view. You are not going to believe these top 10 places where people call their residence.
1. Antilla – Mumbai, India: $1 billion. Land is a premium in Mumbai, which means you build up rather than out, which is exactly what one of the richest men in the world has done.
2. Villa Leopolda – Cote D’Azur, France: $506 million. The Villa Leopolda pretty much blows the idea out of the water with 29,000 square-feet.
3. The Penthouse – London: $200 million. The apartment is located in Hyde Park with high guarded top level security.
4. Fairfield Pond – The Hamptons, US : $170 million. It has 63 acres area and become the largest residential compound in the US.
5. Hearst Mansion – Beverly Hills, US: $165 million. This Luxurious home has 6 separate residences and was owned by U.S. newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst.
6. The Pinnacle – Montana, US: $155 million. It’s a lodge located in the exclusive private ski and golf community “Yellowstone Club.”
7. The Manor – Los Angeles – $150 Million. Spelling towers is still on the market, after the wife of the television producer Aaron Spelling put it up for sale two years ago.
8. Updown Court – Windlesham, Surrey, UK: $139 million. This amazing house is built on 58 acres of land in the Windlesham neighborhood.
9. One Hyde Park – London, U.K.: $135 million. Launched at a lavish, celebrity studded party in January 2011, One Hyde Park is reputed to be the most expensive residential property in the world.
10. Dracula’s Castle – Romania: $135 million. This amazing property has 57 rooms, 17 bedrooms and unique and beautiful antique furniture.
If you want to mortgage the $1 billion Antilla (Mumbai, India) home, the payments would be about $12 million per month. Can you imagine? Also, Dracula’s Castle became a museum during 1980s, but the owner recently decided to sell it.