​Tyler Sash Died Of Accidental Overdose After Mixing Two Pain Medications

Tyler Sash
Author: Rob AdamsBy:
Staff Reporter
Oct. 14, 2015

Tyler Sash accidentally overdosed on methadone and hydrocordone, an autopsy revealed. The former New York Giants safety had endured a recent shoulder dislocation and had a history of chronic shoulder pains, according to Bleacher Report.

Sash’s body will undergo further tests to determine if he might have suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a degenerative brain disease found in many former NFL players. Tyler, who was 27, was a key special teams player on the Giants’ 2011 Super Bowl team, but his career was checkered.

Tyler Sash was a former New York Giants safety.

Tyler Sash was a former New York Giants safety.

Sash was found dead in his Iowa home on Sept. 8. At the time, it was only suspected that Tyler died from an drug overdose.

In 2012, he was suspended for the first four games of the season after testing positive for Adderall, although he claimed he had a prescription and hadn’t know it was banned by the NFL.

A year later, the Giants cut Sash, and he did not play again. He’d make news again in May of 2014 when Tyler was arrested and charged with public intoxication and interference with official acts in his hometown of Oskaloosa, Iowa.

He had been riding a scooter with the lights off at 1:30 a.m., and when police told him to stop, he led them on a four-block chase before ditching the scooter. When found in the woods, he refused to leave and needed to be tased before being taken to jail.

Mugshot from public intoxication arrest.

Mugshot from public intoxication arrest.

Tyler Sash pled guilty to public intoxication and was fined $65. Fans are still mourning that the beloved former Giants player died of an overdose.

Tags: , ,

Share this article
Comments