Angela Atwood Spotted and Arrested

Angela Atwood Arrested – Logan Welles McFarland, 24, and Angela Atwood, 25, were found Tuesday afternoon near Interstate 80 about 35 miles west of the Utah border, not far from where they ditched police in a high-speed chase Saturday, according to Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal Jim Phelps.

They were spotted by a rancher in Nevada while surveying his cattle from the air. The two suspects were in a desolate area. They are accused in the killing of an elderly Utah couple in a crime spree that spanned two states.

Phelps said the couple didn’t resist and were taken into custody as suspects in the killings and in the shooting of a woman during a botched carjacking in Nevada.

The couple had abandoned their car and weapons before federal marshals, Elko County sheriff’s deputies and West Wendover police made the arrest at about 12:30 p.m. a few miles south of Oasis, Nev., said Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Stewart.

The arrest was “pretty calm,” Stewart recounted, adding that the suspects said, “We give up.”

Rancher and Elko County Commissioner Demar Dahl, also a pilot, spotted the suspects from the air Tuesday while surveying his cattle.

He said he called authorities Monday night to ask if the suspects had been captured and figured he’d keep an eye out.

“We flew and looked, and sure enough we found them,” Dahl told the AP. “We didn’t have any cellphone coverage, so we followed them for a ways, just circling them,” Dahl added. “We flew low, right down next to them.”

Dahl said he then flew back into cell range and called authorities.

“It was just lucky that we found them,” he said.

The suspects’ stolen vehicle had not been found, and police believe it may have broken down in the mountains south of I-80.

On Sunday, authorities issued an arrest warrant for McFarland in the burglary of the Utah couple’s Mount Pleasant home. He has since been charged.

Authorities suspect McFarland and Atwood are responsible for the killings, and the carjacking and shooting of the West Wendover woman, who is recovering at a Salt Lake City hospital, but they had not been formally charged with those crimes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *