Chili’s Needle In Food Prompts Lawsuit

By: John Lester - Staff Writer
Published: Mar 16, 2021

Chili’s Needle In Food. A Chili’s restaurant is being sued over a needle that was found in a plate of food. The customer ordered a plate of ribs and mashed potatoes only to be surprised on what she bit into.

The New Mexico woman says a sewing needle pierced her tongue after she bit into a plate of ribs and mashed potatoes at a Chili’s restaurant.

Ashley Phillips says she pulled a needle about 2-inches long from her mouth at the Chili’s in Farmington last July. The 23-year-old says Chili’s employees quickly took the needle, and a manager refused to give it back when she and her husband returned to request it for testing.

Phillips says she’s suing the Chili’s chain because the company took 52 days to send the needle to a lab. She says she’s since tested clean for HIV, Hepatitis and other possible infections, but had to stop nursing her baby in the meantime.

Representatives of Chili’s Restaurant and Grill and Chili’s Inc. declined to comment Wednesday.


World NewsWorld News Stay ConnectedStay Connected

Add our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features.Add our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features. It's a great way to stay connected with all the latest news.

Receive daily bite-sized updates by following us at Twitter.Receive daily bite-sized updates by following us on Twitter. Receive Tweet-sized 140-character updates on your mobile phone device or PC.

Subscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories.Subscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories. We offer a feed for every topic including business, entertainment, health, politics, science & technology, travel and more.