Gadhafi’s Final Last Words Before His Death

Muammar Gadhafi’s last words meant nothing to the rebel fighters. Gaddafi’s asked them, “Do you know right from wrong?” However, the words landed on deaf ears as a crowd of people began shoving and pulling him onto the hood of a pickup truck.

The former leader of Libya was beaten as blood splattered on his face and soaking his shirt after he was dragged from hiding in a drainage pipe. He looked confused and out of touch, but was begging for his life, and asked the fighters not to kill him. He struggled against them, stumbling and shouting as they pushed him onto a truck to parade the local streets.

One fighter held him down, pressing on his thigh with a pair of shoes in a show of contempt. Others propped him on the hood as they drove for several moments, apparently to celebrate their victory.

Gadhafi’s Last Words Caught On Video

“We want him alive. We want him alive,” one man shouted before Muammar was dragged towards a waiting ambulance. According to a translation by Britain’s Sky News, he yelled at the revolutionaries. “What you are doing is not allowed in Islamic law,” he reportedly said. “What you are doing is forbidden in Islam!”

One of the last videos of the dictator was shown on Sky News, which shows a dead former leader being photographed and filmed in the street by his own people. Another footage showed rebels rolling Gadhafi’s lifeless body over on the pavement, stripped to the waist and a pool of blood under his head.

His body was then paraded on a car through Misrata, a nearby city that suffered a brutal siege by regime forces during the eight-month civil war that eventually ousted the dictator, as crowds in the streets cheered.

Gadhafi’s body was being kept in an old meat store in Misrata on Friday. Reuters reported that a bullet wound was visible through his long, curly hair and bruises and scratch marks were also evident. The United Nations human rights office called for a full investigation into his death and the events that triggered during the last hour of his life.

“It is unclear how he died. There is a need for an investigation,” U.N. human rights spokesman Rupert Colville told reporters in Geneva.