Seattle Terror Plot Guilty Plea – One of two Seattle men involved in terror plot to attack a military installation has pleaded guilty to charges, in a plea agreement that will allow him to avoid a life sentence.
Arrested along with the purported mastermind of the plot on June 22, Walli Mujahidh agreed to the plea Thursday morning in U.S. District Court at Seattle.
Mujahidh, a Los Angeles man born Frederick Domingue, Jr., and SeaTac resident Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif had previously been indicted on nine counts related to the purported plot against the Military Entrance Processing Station on East Marginal WayÂ South, an administrative center used by new recruits and Department of Defense employees in the area.
Charged June 23 with planning a suicidal attack against a East Marginal Way South recruit processing center, Abdul-Latif — born Joseph Anthony Davis — and Mujahidh, 32, have been jailedÂ since.
Both suspects faced life sentences if convicted as charged. However, Mujahidh will likely be sentenced to 27 to 32 years in prison due to the plea agreement.
“This defendant tried to carry out a plot to kill American servicemen and women, and other innocent citizens who happened to be at the federal facility on the day of the planned attack,” U.S. Attorney for Western Washington Jenny A. Durkan said in a statement. Durkan went on to thank law officers involved in the investigation and Muslim leaders who worked with them.
Defense attorney Michele Shaw told the Associated Press Mujahidh has a long history of “chronic, relentless” mental illness, including 12 stays at psychiatric hospitals. He has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder with bipolar tendencies.