Author: Published: September 9, 2021

Woman Dies From Georgia McDonalds Fumes

A Florida woman dies at a Georgia McDonalds from fumes. Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons said that one woman, Anne Felton, died from the fumes. Simmons says a McDonald’s employee found 80-year-old Felton in the restroom after a patron became worried when his wife did not return.

Pooler firefighters evacuated all customers and employees. Nine people, including three firefighters, were sicken.

McDonald’s Franchisees John and Monique Palamccio said their prayers are with the families impacted. “As the owners of this restaurant, my wife and I are deeply saddened by this tragic incident,” they said in a joint statement.

County hazardous materials teams decontaminated patrons and employees of the restaurant, setting up a tarp and stripping and spraying down sick people with fire hoses. The team also set up decontamination showers.

“We weren’t exactly sure what it was,” Simmons said. “We decontaminated them and bagged their clothing, just to limit any possible risk.” He went on to say, victims were given white, disposable zip-up outfits after being decontaminated.

The McDonalds restaurant is expected to reopen today.

Follow Us


FacebookAdd our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features. It's a great way to stay connected with all the latest news.

TwitterReceive daily bite-sized updates by following us on Twitter. Receive Tweet-sized 140-character updates on your mobile phone device or PC.

RSSSubscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories. We offer a feed for every topic including business, entertainment, health, politics, science & technology, travel and more.


Related News