​New Bachelorette 2013 Becomes Desiree Hartsock, Filming To Begin​​

By: | 03/13/2013 08:55 AM ET

The new ABC’s Bachelorette for 2013 is Desiree Hartsock, who also appeared on the “Bachelor” Season 17, and the 26-year-old bridal stylist seemed ecstatic about her recent opportunity to be on the TV spinoff series.

“I just can’t even believe I’m here,” Desiree said on the “After The Rose” special on Monday night. “I just feel so thankful.” Tears filled new “Bachelorette” Desiree’s eyes as she talked about her upcoming experience. “I’m very hopeful in all of this and I do hope to meet the man of my dreams,” she told host Chris Harrison.

The Colorodo resident was a fan favorite, and made it into the final four, but was ultimately rejected by Sean Lowe.

Desiree was spotted shooting in Santa Monica last week, E! News reported. “Des was smiling and was happy. She definitely seemed like she was enjoying herself,” an eyewitness told the website.

Hartsock, who is no stranger to Twitter, hinted about her faith by posting a Biblical excerpt on Sunday.

“Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding. #GodisGood #PureWisdom #Amen,” wrote the bachelorette.

Season 9 of the “Bachelorette” will premiere on Monday, May 20 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.