Bond actor Sean Connery no show in court over shady real estate deal. Sean Connery declined to appear at his Goldfinger Case in Spain. Connery was requested to appear by a judge investigating an allegedly shady real estate deal involving property the actor used to own.
Connery, 80, sent the judge a letter explaining he cannot travel to Spain because of his age and unspecified health issues, a court official said. He and his wife Micheline Roquebrune had been summoned to testify on Friday. They have not been charged with a crime in the affair known in Spain as the “Goldfinger Case.”
The official said the magistrate will decide next week how to proceed. His options include sending Spanish officials to question Connery personally, the official said, although he said he did not know where Connery is now. The James Bond actor owns a home in the Bahamas.
The court official spoke on condition of anonymity in line with court rules. The probe involves a beachfront mansion near Marbella that Connery used to own and nearby land which was allegedly rezoned to allow condominiums to be built. The court official declined to give details but Spanish news reports says the judge is probing possible tax evasion in the land project.