TV Catchphrases. We’ve seen so many catchphrases on TV that have stuck around for decades. From shows like Friends to Saturday Night Live, we still love to use them at the office for entertainment.
This is a list of the Top 10 TV catchphrases of all time. We just can’t get enough of them and they still ring true today as they did years ago. Personally, my favorite is still “Yada, yada, yada” from Seinfield at #3.10. “Jane, you ignorant slut…” Dan Aykroyd used it on Saturday Night Live. Aykroyd brilliantly lampooned right-wing rhetoric 30 years before Stephen Colbert with this sexist jab.
9. “Legen- — wait for it — -dary” Barney Stinson said it on How I Met Your Mother.
8. “…for me to poop on!” Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Robert Smigel’s off-color, cigar-smoking talking dog was just weird enough to work.
7. “Oh my God! They killed Kenny!” Kyle and Stan, among others, on South Park.
6. “Let’s hug it out, bitch.” Remember when Ari Gold said this on Entourage? In the venal shark tank that is Hollywood, it’s as close to touchy-feely as these macho men have gotten.
5. “Holy S—, Batman!” Robin said this on Batman.
4. “What’choo talkin’ ’bout, Willis?” Arnold Jackson on Diff’rent Strokes. Remember it?
3. “Yada, yada, yada” started out as a classic on Seinfeld.
2. “Dyn-o-mite!” J.J. Evans on Good Times.
1. “How you doin’?” Joey Tribbiani on Friends. Matt Leblanc’s dirty-dirty reading of the simple line gave it life.
Most of these catchphrases bring back a lot of memories. In fact, they can still make us laugh today. It shows us how much TV has changed over the years because you won’t find them on any reality show.
Add our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features. It's a great way to stay connected with all the latest news.
Receive daily bite-sized updates by following us on Twitter. Receive Tweet-sized 140-character updates on your mobile phone device or PC.
Subscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories. We offer a feed for every topic including business, entertainment, health, politics, science & technology, travel and more.