An Illinois woman, Anne Cullen, is suing Premiere Care in Bathing for $50,000 after she became injured and stuck in a tub for more than 30 hours.
Cullen said she was preparing to use her new walk-in shower when she fell. After realizing she was wedged, she tried to yank the drain stopper, but the chain broke. “She remained stuck in the walk-in tub and the water for more than 30 hours. Her inability to drain the water resulted in significant injuries to her skin,” the suit, filed Monday in Cook County, says.
“That was the lousiest $12,000 I ever put out,” Cullen, told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I ended up in the hospital for four days, and then in a nursing home for three months.” Cullen said she was in shock when her daughter finally found her, unconscious. It was only the second time she had used the tub since installing it, she said.
The lawsuit blames “the failure and/or malfunction of the drain” for Cullen’s inability to free herself. Last year a 99 year old woman became stuck in her walk-in tub after trying to reach for a wash cloth that was blocking the drain. She was stuck for 22 hours before family members found her.Stay Connected
Add our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features. It's a great way to stay connected with all the latest news.
Receive daily bite-sized updates by following us on Twitter. Receive Tweet-sized 140-character updates on your mobile phone device or PC.
Subscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories. We offer a feed for every topic including business, entertainment, health, politics, science & technology, travel and more.