10 Most-Visited National Parks. Here’s a list of the top 10 most-visited American national parks, grouped by popularity. The data shows some interesting numbers on where people take their campers across America.
The Top 10 Most Visited National Parks
1. Blue Ridge PKWY 18,953,478
2. Golden Gate NRA 13,486,824
3. Great Smoky Mountains NP 9,289,215
4. Gateway NRA 8,456,456
5. Lake Mead NRA 7,777,753
6. George Washington MEM PKWY 6,872,213
7. Natchez Trace PKWY 5,713,583
8. Delaware Water Gap NRA 5,254,216
9. Cape Cod NS 4,487,716
10. Grand Canyon NP 4,279,439
This ‘top ten’ list looks pretty similar to last year’s numbers, but there has been some movement in the bottom ten parks. Want to avoid the crowds? Check out these least visited park units.
Aniakchak had only 60 visitors last year! It has been noted though, counting must be tough at Aniakchak considering there are no permanent buildings (NPS or otherwise) at the monument. The only real way to get there is by float plane, and even that can be tricky I’ve been told. Counting down from 10
The Bottom 10:
10. Noatak NPRES 3,272
9. Kobuk Valley NP 3,005
8. Cape Krusenstern NM 2,598
7. Salt River Bay NHP 2,526
6. Alibates Flint Quarries NM 1,882
5. Frederick Law Olmsted NHS 1,559
4. Bering Land Bridge NPRES 1,265
3. National Park of American Samoa 1,239
2. Rio Grande W&SR 135
1. Aniakchak NM & PRES 60
Add our Facebook page to receive updates and participate in new tools and features. It's a great way to stay connected with all the latest news.
Receive daily bite-sized updates by following us on Twitter. Receive Tweet-sized 140-character updates on your mobile phone device or PC.
Subscribe to our daily RSS feed to get the latest national news stories. We offer a feed for every topic including business, entertainment, health, politics, science & technology, travel and more.