Live Mice Chinese Noodles - Takeaway Restaurant Shut Down
By: Mary Smith
Published: Dec 3, 2021
Live Mice Chinese Noodles - The incident occurred at the Dragon Palace in the United Kingdom.
Live mice chinese noodles. A chinese take-out restaurant was shut down after officials found live mice in the noodles. The incident occurred at the Dragon Palace in the United Kingdom.
Environmental health inspectors found the rodents in a gnawed box of dried noodles in the store room of the Dragon Palace Chinese Takeaway. They also found mice droppings "throughout the premises" and two dead mice on the floor. Officers discovered that staff were not washing their hands and anti-bacterial cleaning liquids - although present - were not being used for cleaning.
"Mice not only pass on harmful bacteria when gnawing food but they also urinate very regularly so work surfaces and the hands of staff also become contaminated," TSteve Ramm, the council's lead food officer, said in a statement. "Bacteria therefore will pass from the insides of mice to the insides of humans which clearly is an unacceptable risk to public health."
The council spokesman said that at a hearing at Southend Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, the takeaway was ordered to close.
The chinese takeaway establishment had a routine inspection in December 2009. That inspection revealed problems with pest control and the management of safe food preparation. The restaurant owners were sent detailed written advice and received several hours of training, but failed to meet hygiene standards.