Sian Blake and her sons Zachary Bilal Kent-Blake, aged eight and four-year-old Amon Ben George Kent-Blake died of head and neck injuries. The body of the EastEnders actress was found hidden in the garden of the family home, according to Sky News.
Police said Sian’s family are aware and are being supported by specially trained family liaison officers. The postmortem examinations, which started at Princess Royal Hospital in Farnborough on Wednesday, concluded that the provisional cause of death for Blake and her children is as a result of “head and neck injuries.”
“The bodies of Sian and her children were found in the garden of their home address in Erith on Tuesday, 6 January. Significant attempts had been made to conceal the bodies,” the police statement read. “On Sunday, 4 January, the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) were tasked to assist the borough with their ongoing missing persons’ investigation, which had been launched on Wednesday, 16 December, after officers attended the family home in Erith, when information was passed to the police by children’s charity, the NSPCC. Broadly, that information expressed concerns about Sian Blake’s health and the nature of the relationship between Sian Blake, her children and Arthur Simpson-Kent. On the afternoon of Sunday, 4 January, the family home was assessed by forensic specialists and a full forensic search was started. This included the use of police sniffer dogs.”
Sian Blake’s boyfriend Arthur Simpson-Kent arrived in Ghana days after being quizzed by police over Blake’s disappearance. Hairdresser Simpson-Kent, 48, left the UK shortly after being spoken to by officers at the family home in Erith, South London.
Sian and her sons were last seen alive on December 13. Their bodies were found buried in the back garden on Tuesday. Further tests are being carried out and we expect the results to be some weeks.
On the Tuesday morning, police excavated the garden leading to the discovery of Sian and the other bodies. “We are continuing to appeal for any information about the movements of Arthur Simpson-Kent who was last seen by police officers at his home in Erith on 16 December. This is a fast moving investigation and we are actively pursuing a number of lines of enquiry. If anyone has any information that they think might help our investigation then I would urge them to get in contact with us,” Detective Superintendent Paul Monk, from the HMCC, said.
Police are aware of reports in the media that Arthur Simpson-Kent has travelled abroad. This continues to be one line of investigation and for operational reasons we are not prepared to discuss this further at this stage.
The MPS made a voluntary referral to the IPCC on Wednesday in relation to the Sian Blake missing person investigation.